If you’re searching for a new creative way to eat granola, we’ve got the answer. Whether you’re a fan of it for breakfast, as a snack, or as a little treat – this recipe is an easy go-to especially when you’re making a mad dash for the door in the morning or need to re-energize your body.
- 4-12 oz. fresh fruit of your choice (i.e. strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- 1½ cups Supernola Goji Spice Granola
- 2 cups natural Greek yogurt or Icelandic Skyr (thick)
- 1-2 scoops Catalyst by Strength.com Vanilla or Strawberry whey protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk or non-dairy alternative (i.e almond, cashew, hemp)
- 1/4 cup honey or agave (optional)
- Optional Topping: MyProtein Peanut Butter (or nut butter alternative)
- In a medium saucepan, combine and cook fruit over medium-high heat until it simmers. You may choose to cook them separately if you do not want them mixed. Lower heat and cook for 10 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- If you choose to also use a whey protein, mix it in with the milk.
- Place the granola, honey, and milk in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Use your preferred popsicle molds and alternate pouring 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt, granola, and fruit. Continue laying until each mold is full. Insert popsicle stick and freeze for at least 6 hours or until set.
- Remove from mold and enjoy! If you really want to spice things up, dip the popsicle into peanut butter for a PB & J inspired popsicle!
Start by choosing your favorite granola. Mine is Supernola. It is the first Certified Paleo superfood granola that contains ingredients that are all natural, non-GMO whole foods. It’s easy to digest, has a low glycemic index, and is packed with fatty acids, and loaded with other nutrients in every bite.
Then choose a yogurt. Greek Yogurt or Icelandic Skyr are my go-tos for yogurt. They’re high in protein, and low in fat and carbohydrates. I love their smooth rich flavor, and creamy texture, plus the nutritional benefits pack a punch too, which includes:
- Calcium: controls cortisol (stress hormone) levels; elevated levels of the hormone can cause the body to store fat, inhibiting weight loss, and/or muscle growth.
- Probiotics: microorganisms that are great for your digestive system.
- Vitamin B12: great for energy, healthy brain function.
- Potassium: helps to balance out sodium in the body.
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs): stimulate protein synthesis, prevents muscle wasting, enhances muscle recovery.
If you want to add a bit more protein, add a high quality whey protein to your milk of choice.
One of my favorite things about these popsicles is that the granola softens to the consistency of an oatmeal cookie. You don’t need to worry about it being rock-solid or overly crunchy. And if you have a hankering for something a bit more on the sweeter side, just add a touch of honey or agave.