1.Introduce yourself, your business and tell us your story.
Mad About CrossFit opened its doors in January of 2011. Founded on a long line of private and small-group training, CrossFit group classes were an obvious and natural evolution. Today, MACF boasts a diverse membership of all ages, abilities and athletic backgrounds. We pride ourselves on quality of movement, daily habits that support athletic endeavours, and building an outstanding community.
2. How did you decide to become a STRENGTH.com partner and start selling supplements?
STRENGTH.com popped up in my inbox one day. After looking through the details of promotion, products, and delivery it was a no-brainer. The platform is a convenient and effective method for providing members with high quality supplements quickly. Gone are the days of buying and holding inventory.
3. How did you earn your first supplement sales?
Our first sales came after a bit of social media blasting and a few post-class supplement samplings.
4. Tell us about your sales strategy. What digital tools and/or in-gym marketing do you use to promote your online STRENGTH.com powered supplement store?
I really like the ability to send individual clients a (supplement) plan. I know my clients, their needs and their wants. With that info, I can quickly compile a list of supplements and send it off with an explanation of how and why they will benefit from their use. Without this, supplement purchases can be overwhelming and confusing, which often leads to a pass.
5. What are your top recommendations for other STRENGTH.com Partners?
- Sample products to your members to get them interested.
- Use the Facebook integration tool for easy awareness and education.
- Use the Client Plan tool to reach your clients quickly and easily (I typically do this after having face-to-face conversations before or after a class). Explain the how and why (importance) of supplementation. Otherwise, you might just sound like you are trying to sell, sell, sell. In the end, it’s all about caring. By providing helpful and useful information you are doing just that.
- Stay on them- don’t give up! Often people need to see, hear, and/or read something 3-8x before they actually pull the trigger. The more exposure the better and the more likely they are to make a purchase. If their purchases are wisely guided (by you, the trainer- CARE!), they will realize the benefits of their chosen supplement/s and continue to purchase.