Back to school means back to packing school snacks. These Protein Rice Krispie Treats are a classic with a little twist everyone will love.
- 4 cups brown rice crisps (or classic Rice Krispies)
- ½ cup all-natural peanut butter (or other nut butter), slightly melted
- ½ cup melted coconut oil (to grease pan with)
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 scoops #BuiltByStrength Vanilla Whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease a 9-inch by 9-inch pan with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix melted peanut butter, brown rice syrup, #BuiltByStrength Vanilla Whey protein powder and vanilla in a medium bowl until it forms a dough consistency.
- Add brown rice crisps to the peanut butter mixture
- Use your hands to gently fold the rice crisps into the mixture
- After mixture is blended, pour mixture into the pan
- Using a spatula, spread mixture out evenly and press into pan so the bars are compact
- Place into freezer for at least 30 minutes to set
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 12 equal squares.
1 Square I Calories: 247 I Protein: 6 I Carbs: 23 I Fat: 14