Here’s a spin on one of our favorite traditional holiday cookie recipes that’s full of spicy goodness. These Protein Gingersnap Cookies have a soft centers, and crispy edges – you will never know they are much healthier than then high sugar recipe! Enjoy these with lunch or as a snack!
• 1 cup oat flour
• 2 scoops BuiltByStrength Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 1/4 tsp ground cloves
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ cup coconut sugar
• 1 egg
• ½ cup melted coconut oil
• ¼ cup molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. To a medium mixing bowl, add the molasses, egg, and coconut sugar and whisk until combined.
3. Add the melted coconut oil and molasses to the mixture and whisk slowly until texture is smooth.
4. Add the remainder of ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture onto parchment paper. If you have a small ice cream scoop, you can use that to get a perfectly rounded cookie. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.