With Thanksgiving Day approaching fast, we had to give you another pumpkin recipe that you are sure to fall in love with. These High Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares are made with pumpkin puree, and grass-fed whey protein. They offer the perfect amount of sweetness and all of the comfort of a traditional cheesecake recipe. You will want to make these all year!
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
16oz fat-free cream cheese
¾ cup egg whites
1/2 cup granulated stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1.5 scoops Vanilla BuiltByStrength Whey Protein
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4 graham cracker sheets, crumbled
2 tbsp unsweetened low-fat greek yogurt
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- While the oven is heating, mash the graham crackers, greek yogurt, and honey (or maple syrup) in a medium sized bowl. Crush the graham crackers until they become very small crumbs and make a sort of paste with the greek yogurt and honey.
- Spray the baking dish with non stick spray and then press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom so that it’s evenly spread on the bottom of the pan. A 9×9 Baking Dish works best.
- Next, beat together cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg whites, protein powder, stevia, and vanilla until smooth
- Pour half of the mixture on top of the crust.
- Take the remaining mixture and mix in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Pour onto the top of the mixture already in the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and refrigerate for 60-90 minutes before serving.
- Cut into 12 squares.